Jump to content

GhosTy Staff report


CreeperKAP

Recommended Posts

Your in-game name:

 CreeperKAP

Staff members name:

  GhosTy

Staff member SteamID(http://steamidfinder.com/)?  STEAM_0:1:36692541

 

Explain what happened:

 I was testing my key binds and I was muted I did the advert bind test. And I have seen other/staff do it and not get muted

 

Evidence (screenshots, video, chat log, etc. This is required!)

 

 

 

 

20190823115626_1.jpg

20190823123138_1.jpg

20190823124613_1.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To those who are trying to use the argument that saying the same thing is considered spamming, no.

If I make a bot to say random long and lengthy messages just to file the chat so that having a conversation is not possible then it is considered spam. 

If a 12 year old is mic spamming smash mouth, they aren’t saying the same thing repeatedly, they are still spamming though.

Spam can still be saying the same message repeatedly in chat.

 

What I do think is unfair however is that you are trying to support your claim that it isn’t allowed by providing evidence that equates to "This (ex)staff member said so in a private dm, over voicechat, or place that you had no ability to see."

 

The idea that Ghosty had never heard of people doing bind tests is ridiculous. If bind tests are not allowed then that should definitely made clear to the hundreds of people who do it daily. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ILIKEPIEFOO2 said:

To those who are trying to use the argument that saying the same thing is considered spamming, no.

If I make a bot to say random long and lengthy messages just to file the chat so that having a conversation is not possible then it is considered spam. 

If a 12 year old is mic spamming smash mouth, they aren’t saying the same thing repeatedly, they are still spamming though.

Spam can still be saying the same message repeatedly in chat.

Thanks for explaining it

ill put this here before the next quote "Spamming of any kind is not allowed."

9 minutes ago, ILIKEPIEFOO2 said:

What I do think is unfair however is that you are trying to support your claim that it isn’t allowed by providing evidence that equates to "This (ex)staff member said so in a private dm, over voicechat, or place that you had no ability to see."

 

10 minutes ago, ILIKEPIEFOO2 said:

If bind tests are not allowed then that should definitely made clear to the hundreds of people who do it daily.

if bind test are allowed shouldn't there be a rule for them in the motd, advert section? stating that people can advert it and spam every key they have on their keyboard?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Bind tests are allowed."- Words from Kudaa

but I remember a staff meeting where we were all told that they are allowed 

as long as they were not purposely not trying to spam and be mingey/ flood logs 

Although 8 adverts is a little excessive so

 

-support

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To further explain my previous post, we were told in a staff meeting to only punish if it is more than 4 adverts (not including /advert bind test or /advert bind test over). You have a total of 6 binds excluding those two, meaning that Ghosty was in the right to punish you.

 

That was probably the reasoning behind this new rule...

 

"Bind tests are allowed as long as they are kept to a minimum of 4 or less binds, not including the bind test and the bind test over adverts. They must not be spammed and have at least 3 seconds in between each advert. Spamming or using too many adverts will result in a punishment."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Creeper, that was kinda spamming coz you put like 7-8 binds at the same time. Soo if a staff member need to check logs, basically the only thing he will see is your binds. It's getting too much infos in logs at the same time. I believe that's why he muted you 

-Support sorry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, GhosTy said:

Spamming of any kind is not allowed.

you were spamming the advert chat/flooding the logs, we already talked with voided about this and told us it's not allowed

if you want to test your binds, do it on a private server.

^^^^^^^^^

Ghosty was only enforcing rules set by a previous manager.

I've never seen Ghosty be malicious as staff or even break staff guidelines in my time as staff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

+support i dont see this as spam cause people forget where there binds are on the server say he already built a base and has multiple people in it i dont think said player is just gonna log off to test there binds and stop complaining about it flooding the advert logs you can literally look up by steamID's its not hard but its a + support from me

 

I would also like to add He didnt mute the people after creeper which seems bias and unfair 

and if he continueously did it i would agree to it being chat spam but he did it once it literally goes away in like 30 secs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Mascot said:

-support Bind testing on darkrp is not a thing 

 

8 hours ago, GhosTy said:

if bind test are allowed shouldn't there be a rule for them in the motd, advert section? stating that people can advert it and spam every key they have on their keyboard?

There is a rule in the advert/cooldown section of the MOTD, and it is allowed...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Kudaa locked this topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...