Miskie

Important Question!  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Our custom map or Downtown tits v2

• Our current custom map
    • rp_downtown_tits_v2

This poll is closed to new votes

• Owner

The current state of the DarkRP server is bad and right now it is not showing any signs of getting better at all even with the economy wipe. Right now we are thinking about switching the map back to Downtown Tits v2. We do believe that this will get more players on the server cause everyone already has saved dupes on tits v2 and a lot of people prefer tits v2 over custom maps cause most people already have it downloaded. So I am making this post for you guys to vote on which map you think would work best on darkrp, our current custom map or downtown tits v2?

I will be leaving a poll above for you guys to pick it is very important that you vote for the map you want and think others would want.

This is Downtown tits v2 in case someone doesn't know what it is.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1527403485

• Miskie unlocked this topic

Personally I think the map should NOT change. The custom map made Exhibition, in my eyes special, and stand out, its what made me put over a thousand hours into the game and play as much as I did and eventually staff. Going back the other map would make everything special about Exhibition just go away. All the time spent on the new map would be a waste especially all the money people had spend to play on this server with the map. I see you mention base dupes, I have up close to 30 base dupes on this map and I am very sure others do to. Changing back to the old map would most likely just give new players the chance to have base dupes, and all the people that actually played a lot on this map would have to make new ones. I also want to draw attention to the fact that DarkRP still had a big player count after the map change. I just looked at a clip not to long ago from June that showed 84 players on mid day. I don't think a map change would really at all change the player count. I think personally that there could be another issue lowering the player count. 

Guest Crowbars
40 minutes ago, Majistic said:

Personally I think the map should NOT change. The custom map made Exhibition, in my eyes special, and stand out, its what made me put over a thousand hours into the game and play as much as I did and eventually staff. Going back the other map would make everything special about Exhibition just go away. All the time spent on the new map would be a waste especially all the money people had spend to play on this server with the map. I see you mention base dupes, I have up close to 30 base dupes on this map and I am very sure others do to. Changing back to the old map would most likely just give new players the chance to have base dupes, and all the people that actually played a lot on this map would have to make new ones. I also want to draw attention to the fact that DarkRP still had a big player count after the map change. I just looked at a clip not to long ago from June that showed 84 players on mid day. I don't think a map change would really at all change the player count. I think personally that there could be another issue lowering the player count. 

I definitely agree with this

I personally fell like if you do this not only will you lose popularity, the server will aswell, and the server is already dead enough. I personally will discontinue to play DarkRP if this happens because I love the custom map. And I don’t think gz and anyone else who might’ve helped him spend HOURS making this map want to see it go. Tits is the most commonly used map in DarkRP. And I don’t want to see exhibition hop on the band wagon and use it aswell. We have a custom map for a reason. Please. Let. It. Stay. That. Way.

• Developer
15 minutes ago, Trofi said:

I personally fell like if you do this not only will you lose popularity, the server will aswell, and the server is already dead enough. I personally will discontinue to play DarkRP if this happens because I love the custom map. And I don’t think gz and anyone else who might’ve helped him spend HOURS making this map want to see it go. Tits is the most commonly used map in DarkRP. And I don’t want to see exhibition hop on the band wagon and use it aswell. We have a custom map for a reason. Please. Let. It. Stay. That. Way.

You do bring up some good points, but the way the player base is looking on DarkRP and its constant decline I believe switching to a more commonly used map would bring back not only our old players but some new players aswell. I have taken plenty of suggestions from players and staff since I have come back into the community and plan to implement them in one way or another within the coming month.

Yes, the current map is great and having a custom map is also great, but players have been dropping since the map has been switched and no one is sure why, so that has been linked to the map. Back in the old Tits map that we used to use, the server would hit cap almost daily and since the switch the population has been on the decline since. Note that the player drop cannot and should not be completely blamed on the map change for any reason, as other factors such as school also play a major part. Though many current players can agree that the current map made by gz is great and that his work did pay off, giving players a new map to experience for quite some time, the shift almost feels necessary to bring some of, and hopefully most of, the population back. This is due to the fact that many people are uncomfortable with change or prefer the old map for whatever other reason it may be. Just because we may switch maps does not mean that the content that we have and that is still being added will not be original and make the server stand out from the others. It all comes down to a matter of opinion on which map should be added, but know that exhibition will continue to be original and stray away from becoming the same as many other servers, giving you all a reason to play the server.

TL:DR - Just because we might change maps does not mean that exhibition will not have original content and a great community that give gamers a reason to game on the server.

My opinion on the situation is that the map isn't really the issue. There isn't a lot of problems with it, it's pretty big, very good for basing, etc. It's just the fact that people want the old map more. I am happy with pretty much any map as it is just a map. GZ put a lot of time and effort into the custom map that we have today and we respect him for it, but the players want the other map. Overall, I think we can try changing the map back to tits and if it fails, we move back. 

2 minutes ago, Worlld said:

My opinion on the situation is that the map isn't really the issue. There isn't a lot of problems with it, it's pretty big, very good for basing, etc. It's just the fact that people want the old map more. I am happy with pretty much any map as it is just a map. GZ put a lot of time and effort into the custom map that we have today and we respect him for it, but the players want the other map. Overall, I think we can try changing the map back to tits and if it fails, we move back. 

I agree and one of the thing GZ could do is well  just make upgrades to the tits map anddin are but leave  stufff where it is on the tits map  sorry  it anopying trying to find your way throw the under ground of Gz map since very thing looks the same un like tits

The Custom Map looks nice and is pretty big but in my opinion bring the old DRP back. I have so many bases on the old map too and im pretty sure im not the only one. Bring back the old Map. Bring back money printers and take all the boujie/fancy stuff out and just make it pure DRP. That is what I think will increase server Popularity. Advertising works too.

Also, bring back the old unbox system cuz i had a perma karambit lore that i spent 2 hours and around 5 mil trying to pull which i did and now its gone. Rip.

Personally, Ive been thinking about returning to the server, but the new map is what is stopping me, Im sure plenty of other players agree. While the new map is nice, its not the familiar map that everyone knows and likes, and can be off-putting to old players returning . It would be beneficial to the playerbase to switch to the old map.

While the current custom map is cool. I don't think it's noob friendly. Everyone knew the old map and already had it downloaded, people had base dupes there. I might be a bit biased on this but the old map brings me quite a lot of nostalgia and I for sure would play more drp if it was to come back.

2 hours ago, The Unreal Mango said:

Personally, Ive been thinking about returning to the server, but the new map is what is stopping me, Im sure plenty of other players agree. While the new map is nice, its not the familiar map that everyone knows and likes, and can be off-putting to old players returning . It would be beneficial to the playerbase to switch to the old map.

and well new player that have played on other drps  would find no base 1000 the same as the base on  other server while tits is similar enough to the original map most base will fit just fine  and the under ground  is easy to navigate  

5 hours ago, Trofi said:

Also, if we do change we will have a lot of rule change. Tits has a lot of weird things that the custom map doesn’t and we will have to Jurasticly (sorry about the spelling) change a lot of the rules for this. 

most of the silly rule in the motd where written when we where using tits so ya  the rule where made on tits map

Old map was better but i think that everyone is just drunken by nostalgia. Just because we switch back to tits doesn't mean the old players come back nor does it mean more new players will come. I may be wrong and only time can tell but personally I don't think it will make a difference.

• gz unpinned, unfeatured and locked this topic

Archived