(IMPORTANT, VOTE NOW!) Map poll for DarkRP

Important Question!   

84 members have voted

1. 1. Our custom map or Downtown tits v2

• keep our custom map
    • Switch back to rp_downtown_tits_v2

Miskie    435

1W6Y4HF.png

Alright, as you guys know with the DarkRP population lately it is not a surprise that this poll is here. I am creating this poll cause since we went to the new map (rp_exhibition_v1) we have steadily gone down hill in player count from day to day. Below I will show a chart showing from when we went to the new map it has been a steady decrease in population. I know the map isn't the only reason the population has gone down and we are working on a lot of balancing fixes to make the server better for everyone. But as of right now this poll is really important and needed to happen.

HgxQCfd.png

As you guys can see from this graph we moved to the map 03/29/2020 and on that day we did really good, but from that day the player count has dropped significantly which is why this poll is really important and depending on the poll we will be switching maps as soon as tomorrow morning if needed.

I will be putting a poll above for you guys to vote whether you would like to keep our current map (rp_exhibition_v1) or switch back to our old map (rp_downtown_tits_v2).

This is rp_downtown_tits_v2 in case someone doesn't know what it is.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1527403485

• Sad 1

Lucify    18

For Some Reason everytime we switch we lose a good 40 players i feel like when you switch back you should just leave it like that 

Michael    126

When the map was switched to tits originally it was slow but the player count slowly went back up, it was getting around 60 players a day when we switched to the custom map. I feel as though people only really wanted to switch the custom map for the nostalgia of us having that map which is why DRP did so well for the first couple of weeks. Although , DRP should go back to normal and strive with Tits so switching back is probably the best bet. 

As you can see DRP was doing pretty well before we switched and peaked right after the custom map came out. This is to show that DRP was just starting to do good for a couple of weeks before the switch to rp_exhibition_v1. This also shows that since it made a recovery, it can do it once more once switching back to Titsv2.

.image.png.acfa1f5e358488f00c068c210f334713.png

Edited by Michael
  • Like 1

Krobars    33

Maybe it’s just the server dying, not the map. There really isn’t just much to do on drp and many people are switching to mbrp for a new experience. Drp is dominated by custom classes so unless you are willing to put 20 down for a slot on one you are at a huge disadvantage l.

Jush    43

Yea, I mean there isn't much to do on Drp really. Really you just afk farm god printers, or afk mine. Because of the custom classes and bullshit bases raiding isn't really a viable option unless you have a bunch of your friends.

Matt?    7

I feel like ever since the drp map change the server has been slowly dying, and I think that is because the new map is so big, everyone mostly bases and shit, nobody hangs out at fountain or in front of PD like in tits. The server had 7 people at 1 pm which is super fucking low. The past few days have seen the server with 25 people at peak, super low compared to tit's constant 60 people at peak time. Its low even though people have large amounts of free time due to quarantine.

Despite tit's problems, it seems that people like it more than the new map, despite the better base locations and optimization, and a lot of people seem to share my feelings in this too

gz    63
14 minutes ago, Krobars said:

Maybe it’s just the server dying, not the map. There really isn’t just much to do on drp and many people are switching to mbrp for a new experience. Drp is dominated by custom classes so unless you are willing to put 20 down for a slot on one you are at a huge disadvantage l.

wholesome 100

1 hour ago, Jush said:

there isn't much to do on Drp really. Really you just afk farm god printers, or afk mine.

i agree, with some of the bias changes against PD and lack of changes for pd, I've had zero incentive to play on the server.

I keep hearing "pd will get some massive changes!!11" but as time goes on, I see changes against it. not to mention, Some of the core shit PD needs (like fixing weaponchecks) has been neglected for years.

I guarantee I'm gonna here the same "but this isn't policerp!!!1" thing for the umpteenth time. But if the raiding classes only play the afk farm in your base game, they aren't gonna have much incentive either, Helping PD will give those raiding guys some "oh shit" moments and actually hassle them outside their base, people want challenge. not farming simulator.

Edited by Haze_of_dream

Matt?    7
38 minutes ago, Haze_of_dream said:

i agree, with some of the bias changes against PD and lack of changes for pd, I've had zero incentive to play on the server.

I keep hearing "pd will get some massive changes!!11" but as time goes on, I see changes against it. not to mention, Some of the core shit PD needs (like fixing weaponchecks) has been neglected for years.

I guarantee I'm gonna here the same "but this isn't policerp!!!1" thing for the umpteenth time. But if the raiding classes only play the afk farm in your base game, they aren't gonna have much incentive either, Helping PD will give those raiding guys some "oh shit" moments and actually hassle them outside their base, people want challenge. not farming simulator.

Agree 100%

Although if we do, this would completely render all base dupes useless. Literally all of them.

spcjdavis25    26
33 minutes ago, Awesomenebneb said:

Although if we do, this would completely render all base dupes useless. Literally all of them.

All the base dupes for the custom map not for tits. Do you really believe that no one saved a based they made while the server was on tits?

Yumi    45
3 hours ago, Krobars said:

Yeah

2 hours ago, Yumi said:

Yeah

I think people are switching to mbrp because both I mean not many players on Drp and the. More people start playing MBRP. But I would say switch back map I think that would be better 

Just now, xd lol said:

If im being honest im used to play on tits.

I haven’t  bc i played another server back in the days, but i think I’ve should play in the server a bit if it was TITS 

spcjdavis25    26
7 hours ago, 𝙆𝙖𝙯𝙡𝙞𝙘𝙠 said:

I think people are switching to mbrp because both I mean not many players on Drp and the. More people start playing MBRP. But I would say switch back map I think that would be better 

Only reason MBRP has so many players is because there are like 7 total MBRP servers. There are 1000+ DRP servers

Edited by spcjdavis25

ImTheLetterE    102
1 hour ago, spcjdavis25 said:

Only reason MBRP has so many players is because there are like 7 total MBRP servers. There are 1000+ DRP servers

not even, only like 2 actual ones, but switching back to the old map would prolly benefit a lil

Life    5

Lol i dont even play anymore But i think its not the map gmod is Dying