Gladys Berejiklian staff app

Hit the button, Jack.  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support this blind person's application for the DARK RP SERVER despite him being blind as a bat and unable to see the difference between Dark and MexicanBorder

• Yes, I support your application you blind turd.
    • No, go get laser surgery on your eyes.

Your SteamID?:

A: STEAM_0:1:16716622

Your Discord Name and #:

A: Shigbeard | No DMs#8964

Have you ever been punished on ExhibitionRP? If so, why?:

A: Only a verbal warning for RDMing a hitman due to a misinterpretation of the rules. (I believed I was entitled to pre-emptively kill him because my party member told me that the hitman told him that the hitman had a hit on me)

Your Age:

A: 25 Years. 26 next year.

Your Timezone:

A: Australian Eastern Standard Time (GMT+10). We are not currently experiencing daylight savings time, i believe.

Time Played:

A: Over 65 hours, the exact number I cannot be sure of as I'm not currently on the server.

Staffing Experience (Optional):

A: Jesus christ, this is gonna be a long one. Brace yourselves, but I'll start with a TLDR: 6 years on and off across over a dozen communities, ranging from small, ~20 average playercount to large >80 playercount.

My staffing experience started in 2012, when I was recruited to moderate a server based in california called MLSRP. This server was small, and self-hosted by its owner. I climbed the ranks of this server to eventually become it's co-owner and lead developer. Eventually my tenure to this server came to an end because the owner became jealous that I could hold a conversation with a girl when he couldn't. Yes. He was that petty and that much a kissless virgin. His server was eventually destroyed by a rogue staff member he forgot to ban or demote, then by the Steampipe Update.

After this server, I moved on to run my own community, Friendship is Gaming. This community lasted for about 3 months until my co-owner went rogue and deleted all my server files, and poached all my players for his own community. This event however got the attention of a former staff member of MLSRP, who recruited me as the lead developer of Trigger Gaming. There, I was responsible for maintaining our custom DarkRP HUD, all custom weapons and shipments, a custom weapon base derived from M9K and all website stuff. This server was up for about 9 months before the owner shut it down for personal reasons.

At this point, it was late 2014 and I decided to take a small break from Gmod, until the co-owner of trigger gaming contacted me to bring me onboard as an admin for his server, Nomad Gaming. This server took off like a house on fire, but I eventually resigned after 6 months due to high stress. I took another break before coming across Higher Dimensions Gaming in late 2015, where I was a developer helping produce a custom roleplay gamemode, designed to overthrow DarkRP. After 3 or 4 rewrites, we switched to a TTT server and ran that for a year. This server was kinda funny, because we defeated aimbotters with our custom weapon base on accident. Basically we wanted realistic weapon spread based on how fast you flicked, but this accidentally made guns shoot in any random direction if you used an aimbot. Anyway, I took a 2 week break from this server and during this time the owner had a paranoid drug induced breakdown, accused me of hacking his server and sending people to shit up the server, then blocked, banned and demoted me. His server continued to decay for 2 years after that.

After that I tried to make 2 or 3 new servers, failing each time. Eventually I came across Oculus Gaming, and applied to be moderator on that DarkRP server. I nearly made it to admin but was eventually demoted for some inter-server drama between this one chick who was manipulative, abusive, and practically sleeping with whichever staff member would simp for her just for preferential treatment. She hated me because I wouldn't give her special treatment.

And that's about it. I've been out of the game for about 18 months, and I'm sorta iffy about getting back into it.

Why should you be accepted to the staff team? (One Paragraph):

A: Firstly, and to be blunt, my previous experience (which is actually not complete due to poor memory, it misses experience in HL2RP and Murder) is LITERALLY a fucking essay, way more than any 15 year old kid you might otherwise bring onboard. Secondly, there's a massive gap in activity from existing staff around the time the server restarts, which lasts for about 3 to 5 hours minimum. Apparently, existing staff are either insufficiently committed or otherwise busy during this time, and my timezone makes me a perfect fit for this period (due to the server restarting at 8pm local time). If I were to be made moderator, I would almost exclusively be staffing during this time, in an effort to combat """early morning minges""". Lastly, I guess I have nothing better to do.

How often can you be on the server?:

A: As seen above, I mentioned I can be on around the time the server restarts, and maintain active moderation at that time.

Are you familiar with the rules?:

A: As familiar as I need to be. I can always brush up some more on them, but the jist is pretty simple and standard for a DarkRP server. Most servers deviate very little from the standard rule set, which hasn't really changed much for 4 or 5 years.

Are you aware that you will lose a large amount of RP time on the server?

A: I barely do much in RP anyway. So there is not much to lose. Might as well do something useful with my time.

Have you read the TOS? (here) Your application will be denied if you do not read these! :

A: Well firstly that link broke because 1: I didn't copy paste this template, I typed it out myself. But yes, I've read them.

What rank are you on the server (VIP, VIP+, Exhibitionist, User):

A: Exhibitionist.

(NOTE: Yes, this is a copy and paste of the application I incorrectly posted to MexicanBorder RP. This is my true application, however I understand if both are rejected. I may have new glasses but god I'm still blind.)

Interesting application. 

+ support

Large amount of experience

• "6 years on and off across over a dozen communities"

You're online during useful hours

- support

The application expressly shows you likely won't be dedicated to the server or community, and that your motivation isn't backed by loyalty to the server - just unused time in your day:

• "I'm sorta iffy about getting back into it";
  • "I barely do much in RP anyway. So there is not much to lose. Might as well do something useful with my time."
  • "Lastly, I guess I have nothing better to do."

You don't know the rules - you know the jist of them (here they are for your convenience: MBRP / DRP) :

• "As familiar as I need to be. I can always brush up some more on them, but the jist is pretty simple and standard for a DarkRP server."

You seem to believe experience > dedication; potentially self-absorbed and/or cocky:

• "my previous experience is LITERALLY a fucking essay, way more than any 15 year old kid you might otherwise bring onboard"

Not involved in the community on the forums, and barely in discord.

Insulted staff in the discord (not uncommon, but not a great thing to do with potential fellow-staff):

• "And whoever was the moderator on earlier refusing to do ANYTHING because he wont look at reports until 30 minutes after the fact and then goes 'hurr durr record it'"
  • "Fucking sort your shit @Rigbe"
  • "Hi, couldn't help but notice no moderators joined the server to deal with the Mass RDMer and the RDAer. I guess you guys just dont give a shit about your server?"

Overall: - support

You should grow up a bit more and learn that age does not define dedication or quality, nor does experience grant privileges that you must earn (e.g. a position in the staff). I suggest spending more time on the forums and make your presence known a bit more. Prove my viewpoint wrong and I might give you my support next time, whatever that's worth.

-Support

• Inactive
  • Doesn't seem mature out of game and in sits.
  • Not enthusiastic nor convincing with his application, more like stating that he deserves to be in the team because of his experience.
  • Staff Disrespect in several cases.
  • You should have a very good understanding of the rules before applying, not just "As familiar as you need to be". As familiar as you need to be means to know them, not to know some of the common rules across darkrp servers.

-Support

- bitches too much for my liking

- doesnt act like a big boy

- probably stays past his bedtime

- who tf are you?

-/+ support

bruh your staff experience is longer than your actual paragraph

image.png.54d81997c7e95d5f56d1e68f988817c7.png ayo this you 

image.png.e82fadc779f6ae26aec9a6896b75464b.png

Archived