YaBoiiPyro

Your in-game name:

Pyro

Staff members name:

Buff Nir

Staff member SteamID(http://steamidfinder.com/)? Ex. STEAM_0:0:71487010:

STEAM_0:0:141804280

Explain what happened:

I was taking the mine territory and a man approached me. As I was taking it, the rules say that anyone in that territory were kos. He was just past the mine entrance adjacent to the flag about 6m away.  he came back 2 times so I killed him 3 times in total. After this he called a sit and after I explained what happened, Nir checked logs. He then told me that staff have access to a guideline that outlines the exact size of each territory and told me that only staff have access to it. He told me that 2 out of those 3 kills were outside of this and jailed me for 10 mins. If I had access to that outline then this wouldn't be a problem but how is someone supposed to know if they have broken a rule if that rule is hidden from them. I think that he should have just given me a verbal as I had no way to know, or spoken to a higher up. 

Evidence (screenshots, video, chat log, etc. This is required!)

Recording takes place after screenshot as I only started recording after that

Screenshot_5.png.f6b118f12fc2018a7dc2abb2de49a2f6.png

https://streamable.com/6v6wbz

1 minute ago, Necro said:

Why is this even a report though?
So you want territory guidelines to be available to all players? Why report Nir?
This shit's silly.

Because Pyro got jailed for breaking a rule that wasn't expanded upon. Going solely off the rules, as most players do, Pyro was in the right to kill the man in his territory whilst taking it over.

1 minute ago, Necro said:

Why is this even a report though?
So you want territory guidelines to be available to all players? Why report Nir?
This shit's silly.

The point is I shouldn't have been jailed for something that wasn't my fault. He should have known that I had no way of knowing about these guidelines and contacted a higher up / not jailed me

2 minutes ago, Zae said:

I do agree territory takeover rules are shit 

but nir is only doing his job

I can understand that he is only doing his job, but Nir stopped me from countering behind a wall yesterday and claimed it came under the "common sense rule" (was later overruled by thorobred). I think he should have used common sense about the territories rule and spoken to a higher up.

34 minutes ago, Nir said:

I made my reasoning clear in the video. If you need a manager to tell you the same thing that I told you then that is exactly what will happen.

sounds like textbook player discrimination to me

-support, these rules aren't specified but, as we've been told, are in the process of being added, nir used his staff discretion properly

5 minutes ago, wizard hat said:

sounds like textbook player discrimination to me

-support, these rules aren't specified but, as we've been told, are in the process of being added, nir used his staff discretion properly

If they are in the process of being added, why are they even available to use? In what world does it make sense to punish someone for something they have no way of knowing was against the rules? He admits that it doesnt make sense.... and still jails me. It wouldnt have taken him 5 mins to message an admin

Just now, YaBoiiPyro said:

If they are in the process of being added, why are they even available to use? In what world does it make sense to punish someone for something they have no way of knowing was against the rules? He admits that it doesnt make sense.... and still jails me. It wouldnt have taken him 5 mins to message an admin

my man, it's a 5 minute jail on a video game. nir is a moderator, he is still relatively new to staffing here, you cannot possibly expect him to know how to do everything, especially when it's unspecified and classified under staff discretion.

Just now, wizard hat said:

my man, it's a 5 minute jail on a video game. nir is a moderator, he is still relatively new to staffing here, you cannot possibly expect him to know how to do everything, especially when it's unspecified and classified under staff discretion.

He admitted to it not making sense. If its only 5 mins they why cant he take 5 mins to message a higher up? Its 4 am im going to bed and will wake up to this being denied and the rule not changing. 

3 minutes ago, YaBoiiPyro said:

If they are in the process of being added, why are they even available to use? In what world does it make sense to punish someone for something they have no way of knowing was against the rules? 

They were added earlier today. I did not expect a situation like this on the first day but I acted accordingly. If you have a problem with not having access to the images showing the specific radius for territories, then it should not be disputed in a staff report.

3 minutes ago, ChabulaChoo said:

It is up to the staff member to jail you or not so Nir has done nothing wrong 

If you watch the video, he says that he has no choice but to jail me. After speaking to the Thorobred ( dark rp manager ), he said that he was only asking for opinions and that it wasn't set in stone.

After making this report, Nir sent me a picture of the territory boundary in what I assume to be an attempt to cover his ass, but deleted it soon after I sent it to Thorobred.

Screenshot_9.thumb.png.c73a61edc5b6dc67b6f8677ac8c89506.png

First of all nir made a booboo that wasnt supposed to be a rule that was just for us to see and help revise to determine what the final outcome would be 

Second, its literally a 5 minute jail dude its easier to talk with nir or another staff member than make a report and try to screw him over 

overall 

-Support this is literally the biggest waste of my time just reading this.

19 minutes ago, Billyjoe said:

First of all nir made a booboo that wasnt supposed to be a rule that was just for us to see and help revise to determine what the final outcome would be 

Second, its literally a 5 minute jail dude its easier to talk with nir or another staff member than make a report and try to screw him over 

overall 

-Support this is literally the biggest waste of my time just reading this.

If you watch the video, you can see that I tried to work this out with Nir, but was told that he has no choice. This isnt the first time he has said this and been lying. The first occasion was when he said that you could not shoot at police who are trying to arrest you, only to be contradicted by Thorobred. The second time was when he told me that you need line of sight to counter someone, again Thorobred said that isnt exactly true. I can understand if this is the first thing he had done but after lying to me 2 times before I think something needs to be done.

Screenshot_11.thumb.png.f2ffa56581f3905aac7e4beba125a8e4.png

Screenshot_12.thumb.png.44963df273c10daf7af0b530bc218e4c.png

Picture starts after Nir sent me the now deleted territory boundary's.  

Screenshot_10.thumb.png.64380a1c5cb4594ffe9cb0ce8b21b0dd.png

"I need to follow strict guidelines" that you and thorobred both say dont exist.

13 minutes ago, Nir said:

There was no mistake in your jail. If I went back in time I would still jail you. You rdmed him and you got punished for it and that's the story, regardless of whether the pictures existed.

Screenshot_13.png.2055cd772eaddc4e9c7cc23ce18fbf88.png

21 minutes ago, Billyjoe said:

Screenshot_14.png.b6bb649cb1334bd3016c859c70504ea6.png

You told me that it wasn't your decision and that was a lie. You lied about not being able to kill police arresting you and lied about the countering rule. 1 mistake is easy to forgive, but 3 all targeted at me is not ok. This thread isn't solely about the rule its self, but how you continually handle situations.

Archived