Cyber Staff Report

Lil thick 4 footer

Your in-game name: Reddot

Staff members name: Cyber

Staff member SteamID(http://steamidfinder.com/) STEAM_0:0:71065878

Explain what happened: 

I just want to go ahead and say I am not trying to get cyber demoted or in trouble, I just want to clear the air about a "Rule" I was told.

So I Adverted counter on a bank raid, killed the guy with the bags, and adverted steal to take the bags. Now the guy got salty and didnt think i adverted, so he called a admin. *10 mins later* I am TPed by cyber and was asked if I countered him. I said "yes I even adverted (steal) after", then he says something like "You can advert counter and kill the guy raiding the bank, but you can't adverts steal and take the bags.", Then jails me. So I got to looking threw the rules to see if I misread a rule or something, but I couldn't find any rule that says I can't advert steal to take the bags after countering a bank raid or anything along those lines(correct me if I am wrong). I was also a Raiding class at the time(MBRP>DRP). After going threw the rules I asked to speak with Thrilla Tha Gay Doggo, I explained what happened and he told me that as long as I adverted steal(I did) then that should be allowed and to go make a staff report so he can handle it. So if I am wrong then sorry for making you guys read all of this, but if I am right then at least Cyber won't jail someone in the future for the same thing. 

Evidence (screenshots, video, chat log, etc. This is required!) None

2 minutes ago, Lil thick 4 footer said:

So why is this not in the rules? Asked 2 staff members and they thought that wasn't a rule. Not sure why people that come on this server should be punished for a rule that isn't on the motd for a first offence. 

"You may only counter crimes"

you can't counter a crime and then continue to do the crime.

General Rules

• Use common sense.

Just now, cyber said:

"You may only counter crimes"

you can't counter a crime and then continue to do the crime.

General Rules

• Use common sense.

When you read the rule "you may only counter crimes" makes me think for example you couldn't counter cops raiding a base with a warrant, because it isn't a crime. I think it is a little odd that you can't steal the bags because they are just going to come back grab the bags and sell them anyways. Maybe NLR should apply to these types of things.

I agree with gurm, this isn't common sense. And like he said you can advert counter, end the counter, and advert steal. These are two very different things, I think voided is trying to say you can't steal and ONLY advert counter. This is all really up to voided and what he meant by his statement.

2 minutes ago, Gurm said:

image.png.55e27f2d2acb5e56ab8940b1756b9318.png

"nothin else can be done with a counter" Which is why you advert steal after countering, once you advert steal it is no longer a counter it turns into a steal

Y’all missin the main thing- “no you can’t” I’m just enforcing the rules Voided made this ain’t really staff report material more like suggestion to edit the rules..

1 minute ago, cyber said:

Y’all missin the main thing- “no you can’t” I’m just enforcing the rules Voided made this ain’t really staff report material more like suggestion to edit the rules..

No, not really, you should of contacted a higherup. The rule is fine and using one quote from voided isn't really something to go off of. This is you poorly taking this sit, always go to a higher up if you are unsure.

2 minutes ago, cyber said:

I wasn't planning on making a staff report until I was told to. So it could be dealt with. Cyber I am just pointing out that the rules are not clear on the what happened so I shouldn't have been punished and the fact that we had to bring a manager into this to clarify a rule that is not even a on the rules just furthers my point.

3 minutes ago, Gurm said:

image.png.36c078bccf8dbed72c88a11cbb1aee1b.png

It is staff report material because it was a false jail and the rules don't need to be changed there is no issue with them

It wasn’t a false jail tho you literally saw what voided said in my screenshot lol

5 minutes ago, Thunder said:

No, not really, you should of contacted a higherup. The rule is fine and using one quote from voided isn't really something to go off of. This is you poorly taking this sit, always go to a higher up if you are unsure.

I didn’t need to bring a higher up if voided literally said you can’t advert counter and steal. This really shouldn’t be my fault Chief

1 minute ago, cyber said:

I didn’t need to bring a higher up if voided literally said you can’t advert counter and steal. This really shouldn’t be my fault Chief

Once again, dont go off a quote from 6 months a go. Always go to a higher up clearly, you were wrong. 

Just now, cyber said:

But why are people getting jailed for it? Sure warn me, now I know, but someone can read the rules come on and do what I did then get punished for what? Not reading the rule that isn't in the rules.

I must have misread what cyber said in the past, because what I said currently has always applied for me. 

You can counter, then you may advert steal. You have to do this if you want the bank bags even.

Cyber will not face punishments as he is going off directly what I said, but I will leave this here for him to read. The jail should not have happened and I am sorry for your inconvenience.

Accepted/Locked.

Archived