Damplips Staff Report

CoalTrain22

Your in-game name: CoalTrain

Staff members name: Staff Member #6(Damp)

Staff member SteamID(http://steamidfinder.com/): STEAM_0:0:239034900

Explain what happened:

I've been friends with a few staff members for a while and I've seen their frustration. Constant complaining that I didn't understand till now because of what I saw. If damp is the manager he can't be doing stuff like this. I was in game and he told everyone to delete system32. Even if he was joking that's still against the rules and if a normal user said that they would have gotten punished for it, and what if someone was to have done it and lost all of there files? I saw a screenshot roaming around of Voren getting slayed during a sit he was taking, this is messed up a staff member doing their job should not be killed for no reason by their manager and be fearful of him doing stuff like this more. I know I may not be a staff member and don't understand completely what it is like being staff but I do my best to help the community out in anyway I can whilst still playing like normal.

Evidence (screenshots, video, chat log, etc. This is required!)

f66676793d749f6089af80b34b45f6f3.png

620a60c9612fd45423bd8c731f809ef2-png.jpg

Sadly. All of this is true. Damp is an absolute terrible manager, and will threaten any staff with a strike, or a demote, for the most minor mistakes, such as for new rules that we haven't been notified about, or been able to learn instantly, yet he'll go around and do this, willy nilly, without any repercussions. I personally think it's time to call an end to this, request his demotion, and to get a new manager in, who will actively take part to make this staff team, and the rest of MBRP, better. Rather then minging like damp does, to not only players, but his own staff team.

Just yesterday, while he was standing around, he was shot by one known as Amercia1. During an adverted terror. Damp wasn't in admin mode, just standing there. He promptly banned Amercia1, for RDM in a sit. This happened on a roof, without damp in admin mode. There was no sit, just a terror RP advert.

He's slain me during sits, taken me out of god mode during sits, and murdered me while I'm working. Few times might be funny, but this can be a weekly to daily occurrence at time, depending on everything going on. It's made quite a few of us, not want to Roleplay, or staff.

Not to mention the deep inactivity from him, which has been happening for a while. And when it was brought it, he just gets online and AFK's.

A lot of you will ask why I might be typing it here, and not bringing it up higher... well, I've done that before, and was met with very little. We all have been met with very little. This needs to stop. So I not only urge the community, the staff team, both here, and on other Exhibition servers, but also Miskie. To remove this problem. Like you said you would. 

4 minutes ago, Voren Redden said:

Just yesterday, while he was standing around, he was shot by one known as Amercia1. During an adverted terror. Damp wasn't in admin mode, just standing there. He promptly banned Amercia1, for RDM in a sit. This happened on a roof, without damp in admin mode. There was no sit, just a terror RP advert.

I reviewed the clip of this happening and I gave the go ahead to ban him. He messaged me to ask what he should do and we agreed on a ban. Not saying anything else is invalid though, just this.

30 minutes ago, Voren Redden said:

Sadly. All of this is true. Damp is an absolute terrible manager, and will threaten any staff with a strike, or a demote, for the most minor mistakes, such as for new rules that we haven't been notified about, or been able to learn instantly, yet he'll go around and do this, willy nilly, without any repercussions. I personally think it's time to call an end to this, request his demotion, and to get a new manager in, who will actively take part to make this staff team, and the rest of MBRP, better. Rather then minging like damp does, to not only players, but his own staff team.

He's slain me during sits, taken me out of god mode during sits, and murdered me while I'm working. Few times might be funny, but this can be a weekly to daily occurrence at time, depending on everything going on. It's made quite a few of us, not want to Roleplay, or staff.

Not to mention the deep inactivity from him, which has been happening for a while. And when it was brought it, he just gets online and AFK's.

A lot of you will ask why I might be typing it here, and not bringing it up higher... well, I've done that before, and was met with very little. We all have been met with very little. This needs to stop. So I not only urge the community, the staff team, both here, and on other Exhibition servers, but also Miskie. To remove this problem. Like you said you would. 

+Support he has been doing this kind of stuff for how long. You gave him time to change and nothing.

1 minute ago, Miskie said:

There isn't any new evidence brought up against him but from the things I have already dealt with awhile ago.

He just told people to uninstall system 32 over OOC. It's the same as adverting no smoking. That was today. New evidence right there, not to mention most of the MBRP staff, doesn't want him, we don't trust him, and we don't believe he does his job, in even the most minor of correct ways. I personally think the MBRP staff should vote a new manager in, but that's just me. He's broken the rules. So it should be dealt with. He's gotten his 3 staff strikes, repeatedly. For us it's an instant demote. For him, it's a slap on the wrist.

Just now, Voren Redden said:

He just told people to uninstall system 32 over OOC. It's the same as adverting no smoking. That was today. New evidence right there, not to mention most of the MBRP staff, doesn't want him, we don't trust him, and we don't believe he does his job, in even the most minor of correct ways. I personally think the MBRP staff should vote a new manager in, but that's just me. He's broken the rules. So it should be dealt with. He's gotten his 3 staff strikes, repeatedly. For us it's an instant demote. For him, it's a slap on the wrist.

I agree Miskie you said yourself that if he fucked up one more time then it wouldn't be a warning. What your doing is going back on your word and you gave damp 2 more warnings after the "Final Warning." 

Ahh yes, the system 32 comment i made this morning. Where i said i would fix my steam being stuck on mandarin by deleting system 32 when someone said goto steam settings. Where i 100% told everyone on the server to go delete system 32. Don't forge evidence next time.

The other issue brought up with evidence was already handled by miskie.

Steam stuck on mandarin

unknown.png

Don't know how that's forging evidence. A whole bunch of people heard it as go delete system 32. Which is why you, and no one else is allowed to say that stuff, same with the no smoking comment. Not to mention the two other problems that ling long mentioned having been brought up in the past, that were AFTER, the 'last warning' you got.

Don't pretend that I'm forging evidence, when it's still not something your supposed to do. If this was a staff report on anyone else. you'd be tossing them down the pit, just as quick.

1 minute ago, Voren Redden said:

Don't know how that's forging evidence. A whole bunch of people heard it as go delete system 32. Which is why you, and no one else is allowed to say that stuff, same with the no smoking comment. Not to mention the two other problems that ling long mentioned having been brought up in the past, that were AFTER, the 'last warning' you got.

Don't pretend that I'm forging evidence, when it's still not something your supposed to do. If this was a staff report on anyone else. you'd be tossing them down the pit, just as quick.

I didn't say you were forging evidence, I said @CoalTrain22 was. The rule stated is
"Saying things such as you should type quit smoking/unbind all in console or telling players to delete system 32 is considered minging"

I never told anyone to delete system 32.

-

The other issues ling has brought up have no evidence supporting their side. Also here's the clip of what amercia1 did.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/518045257422733322/618970972728328219/Garrys_Mod_09-04-2019_20-35-00-327_Trim.mp4

And here's gz authorizing the ban.

image.png.0adde6275c3f147059787175ec918b82.png

I've brought up that multiple times, and to my knowledge, it's never been handled. And if it has been handled, why do you still have a management role? I'd wager you've done this to other staff, and once, is a bad, more then once, is a serious offense, which would get any other staff member demoted.

• Owner

@Voren Redden @OverRaptor9328 That situation happened before we had the last big meeting with staff about damplips and was handled around the same time.

For the rest of this report the only new thing that is brought up in this is the system 32 joke and that is exactly what it was a joke... It would be against the rules if it was directed towards someone but as for this situation this was a joke directed towards himself.

For the amercia1 situation we already seen that it was also gz reviewed the evidence and they came up with a solution. I just reviewed the video and I agree with the solution they came up with.

So for this I am going to Deny this staff report as there was no rule broken with the one thing new that was reported the rest was dealt with awhile ago and you guys for some reason keep bringing it up.

• Miskie locked this topic

Archived