Napoleon

Your in-game name:
Wimpus Schromperdoodle

Staff members name:
Retro

Staff members SteamID:
STEAM_0:0:86858695

Explain what happened:
Retro hid his printers in an area of the map that is unreachable without dying, or prop climbing out. He had used invisible props in an area he was not allowed to build in, in order to prevent his printers from falling down and de-spawning. As such, it was impossible for me to steal his printers without having to kill myself to get out the pit, which even then wouldn't be possible, as my raid bag dropped down into the pit when I had died, thus removing the printers. This isn't anything serious, just, y'know - let me do this too, if staff can.

While this is a VERY good hiding spot, the fact I was unable to take my rightful earnings for finding this treasure is not fair.

Evidence:
platform.thumb.png.4fcb36c8aa75b7af59eb0e7f11359471.png
This is the invisible platform in which he had made to prevent his props from falling down, with outlines to help you get an understanding.

printers.thumb.png.55ba71a15133c95793aeb6249e1b08e1.png
These were his printers stored down here.

llama.thumb.PNG.0b5dfab28d1fd649002756f642f72ca3.PNG
Just to double check, I had asked a head-admin if we were allowed to build down there, which he confirmed we weren't. Retro was not, of course, an evil scientist.

image.thumb.png.8b6c53905d290d48084151f336bd0767.pngimage.thumb.png.39276214f9a93e720d0f3ff556eb8b5c.png

There was no way out of the pit, so I was unable to take his printers without destroying them along with myself.

The platforms are not invisible, you just have to either take a look closer or use a flashlight
image.thumb.png.ab8b270aeb25d634063ea18dcbfed6ad.png
image.thumb.png.9684a3a46c67b3ad95268b43cc3a24f5.png
There is a ladder to get up and off the platform you just missed it
image.thumb.png.0fb356b5887866132ad69a5bb82511a7.png
image.thumb.png.c08164fbae4ff9ca0a5cf87820d11aeb.png
I
did not know you aren't allowed to build in the area as it does not state in the MOTD or #rule-changes channel in the discord.
If deemed unacceptable I will not use this spot for my printers in the future

e

Just now, retro said:

The platforms are not invisible, you just have to either take a look closer or use a flashlight
I
did not know you aren't allowed to build in the area as it does not state in the MOTD or #rule-changes channel in the discord.

Yeah thats allowed hahahaahhaa

9 minutes ago, retro said:

I

Quite literally it is Rule #1 of buildings.
"Bases are to be inside a world base with a purchasable door, on a roof, or in a sewer, but your base may extend up to the start of the sidewalk in front of your base, no further."
Your ""visible"" base was not behind a door, on a roof, or in the sewers.  The visibility of that is up for debate in my opinion, if you need to inspect it using a flashlight in order to see it than it creates an advantage compared to other materials/colors. You can see invisible props if you hold C and move your mouse over them too, but that still doesn't permit them. Especially in this case, and in the screenshots provided, they were incredibly hard to see.

I'd also like to question why that ladder wasn't there in my screenshot of that exact location? There was no ladder when I jumped down there.

10 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I'd also like to question why that ladder wasn't there in my screenshot of that exact location? There was no ladder when I jumped down there.

Your screenshot is in a different location from where the ladder actually is. In your screenshot the ladder would've been positioned behind you

or you're gamma is really low in your settings, cause for me its perfectly visible without a flashlight, also its not a "base" its just a platform for hiding my printers on

15 minutes ago, retro said:

Your screenshot is in a different location from where the ladder actually is. In your screenshot the ladder would've been positioned behind you

or you're gamma is really low in your settings, cause for me its perfectly visible without a flashlight

Here's an image comparison to help. You must've had to placed that ladder after the fact, or changed the material. It was nowhere on my original screenshot.
tihngy.thumb.png.b6cc38e796b850040f652c586b94aa16.png

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

I'm not quite sure my population affects the breach of a rule
Gonna have to minus rep that -support, never really seen you on the server really.

image.png.2d2368a30f1a00dd966953ac0aec6035.png

Sorry but ur last years news, i only speak 2023 bud

ok lets just twist my words.

i said i wasnt sure. i made a guess that you probably couldnt. a new area means new rules and without specification not every single person (including staff) is going to know of unspecified rules. 

it is unspecified and even as staff we were never told anything or any rules surrounding the area. 

in the screenshot retro had provided, everything seems visible without the use of a flashlight. 

i think this entire report is reaching.

-support overall

20 minutes ago, LlamaJuice42 said:

ok lets just twist my words.

i said i wasnt sure. i made a guess that you probably couldnt. a new area means new rules and without specification not every single person (including staff) is going to know of unspecified rules. 

it is unspecified and even as staff we were never told anything or any rules surrounding the area. 

in the screenshot retro had provided, everything seems visible without the use of a flashlight. 

i think this entire report is reaching.

-support overall

I'm sorry you feel that way, but no words were twisted, and I strongly discourage your encouragement of that.

Your key statements were: "I'd say no" "Unless there are purchasable doors" "Then I think it could be acceptable" "Bases need to be inside a purchasable door" specifically the last one, in which you repeated building rule 1, and understood and verified this was against the rules. I had even asked you to type out your answer as I needed it in writing. You made an accurate guess, so don't worry - you're not in the wrong here, as it was against the very first rule. Maybe the rules are a tad outdated, but I most, if not all, to know the very first building rule by now.

However I think it's best this report serves as a reminder to the higherups that certain rooms do need clearance before staff and players are permitted to base there. Using the excuse "the rules just need to be updated" is a tad reaching, as it could be used as a blanket statement for anything - "oh no it's fine, what I'm doing is allowed, the rules just need updating as they're outdated."

5 hours ago, retro said:

I
If deemed unacceptable I will not use this spot for my printers in the future

still not allowed, i also have something to add on here btw

Propclimbing as staff

image.png.37399e9babcf44b32bb7980f5b5373cd.png <<< admitting to build outside the cartel mansion, pretty sure he also lied about forgetting this, as it is a very simple rule to remember

ik these aren't big offenses, but you are staff retro you should know you aren't supposed to do that

Archived