Level requirements are a total disaster for new players

Kektagon

I wanted to get a friend on MBRP for the first time, but he simply couldn't do anything because he had no levels. The only way for him to get XP was the money printer since he couldn't make drugs yet. He put a printer down, and it got stolen while he was doing other stuff. He no longer had a reason to keep playing since that was his only source of XP.

Speaking as a Legend member, the level requirements for roles is stupid. It sucks all the fun out of DarkRP, since the whole point is choosing a job to RP as. As a citizen, you just do nothing. You can't hold a new player's attention long enough to get them interested. There are dozens more DarkRP servers, and first impressions mean everything; if the player isn't captivated in the first couple minutes, they'll just leave and go to a different one.

The development team is too focused on keeping old players interested, and this is something that needs to stop. More and more people are getting tired of MBRP, and adding prestige mechanics won't help. Adding more things to grind on isn't actually "new" content.

If this server wants to stay alive, you need not only new players, but RETURNING new players. Level requirements completely remove such players, and my friend from the beginning is a prime example of that.

• Developer
1 hour ago, Kektagon said:

I wanted to get a friend on MBRP for the first time, but he simply couldn't do anything because he had no levels. The only way for him to get XP was the money printer since he couldn't make drugs yet. He put a printer down, and it got stolen while he was doing other stuff. He no longer had a reason to keep playing since that was his only source of XP.

Speaking as a Legend member, the level requirements for roles is stupid. It sucks all the fun out of DarkRP, since the whole point is choosing a job to RP as. As a citizen, you just do nothing. You can't hold a new player's attention long enough to get them interested. There are dozens more DarkRP servers, and first impressions mean everything; if the player isn't captivated in the first couple minutes, they'll just leave and go to a different one.

The development team is too focused on keeping old players interested, and this is something that needs to stop. More and more people are getting tired of MBRP, and adding prestige mechanics won't help. Adding more things to grind on isn't actually "new" content.

If this server wants to stay alive, you need not only new players, but RETURNING new players. Level requirements completely remove such players, and my friend from the beginning is a prime example of that.

I understand your frustration with the new update, This update was designed to bring players of all types into the community, the level requirements for jobs was intended to provide a way for players to grind and keep them interested, you made it very clear that this was not the case for your friend. Nearly all of our systems on the server grant XP and were developed for new players to unlock most jobs in under hour. I am sorry to see that your friends printer was stolen, but there are other ways farm XP and money, for example the Pizza Chef job which is unlocked at level 4. I am open to any suggestion that the community provides to help captivate new players. 

• Trosa locked this topic

Archived