Changing of shields

Haze_of_dream

Over approximately 2 or so weeks of raiding as a CP, The shields aren't that useful

During the meeting i was shutdown for implementing https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2976058234 under "impenetrable shields being too op", however the multitude of experience shows that my only successful raids are on afk or underequipped users. even a bad base with a decent gun wins most times and the S.W.A.T simply do not have the tools to deal with it.

Shields only being a reduction in damage would make anyone question why to use the shield over shooting your target, and pd should always have tools to prevent going lethal. Furthermore, even as an experienced user when I'm being shot through my shield my first reaction is "i dont care what the damage value is, I'm firing back"

Unless the base meta of one-way shooting fences is removed which i doubt it, I don't get how a 1/4 angle blocking shield is any more "op"

17 hours ago, Haze_of_dream said:

Over approximately 2 or so weeks of raiding as a CP, The shields aren't that useful

During the meeting i was shutdown for implementing https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2976058234 under "impenetrable shields being too op", however the multitude of experience shows that my only successful raids are on afk or underequipped users. even a bad base with a decent gun wins most times and the S.W.A.T simply do not have the tools to deal with it.

Shields only being a reduction in damage would make anyone question why to use the shield over shooting your target, and pd should always have tools to prevent going lethal. Furthermore, even as an experienced user when I'm being shot through my shield my first reaction is "i dont care what the damage value is, I'm firing back"

Unless the base meta of one-way shooting fences is removed which i doubt it, I don't get how a 1/4 angle blocking shield is any more "op"

-Support.
This would give police an unfair advantage during raids and open the door for unfun and OP raid tactics by Police.

However, I agree Police need more non-lethal options and we're looking into alternatives.

2 hours ago, El Formano said:

This would give police an unfair advantage during raids and open the door for unfun and OP raid tactics by Police.

Not any more unfair then the plethora of one-way shooting that the base meta has devolved into.

Most CP don't even use shields, the CP that know the current shields dont use them over their guns, Even these shields are easily countered by simply having a higher elevation defense of multiple shooting angles. it would require great gamesense to utilize

2 hours ago, CJTheGorilla said:

during the meeting this was already discussed how this isn't fair,

This is also misleading, It was also stated "unless it's shown that cp are still struggling within raids", People here just gave examples of non-cp getting deleted half as easy as CP, who don't have the gimmick tools of criminals nor the ability to do as they wish, nor the numbers.

Unless i see an alternative as to how PD can easier handle killboxes with the current basing meta, I fail to see how this is unfair

1 hour ago, Haze_of_dream said:

This is also misleading, It was also stated "unless it's shown that cp are still struggling within raids", People here just gave examples of non-cp getting deleted half as easy as CP, who don't have the gimmick tools of criminals nor the ability to do as they wish, nor the numbers.

Unless i see an alternative as to how PD can easier handle killboxes with the current basing meta, I fail to see how this is unfair

yeah i don't think giving PD invis indestructible shields is a great idea. Again this is a Dark RP server, not a Police RP server, if it were, i'd be arguing in your defense.

rather than a indestructible deplorable shield, maybe an decrease of bullet pen on the current shields to allow them to be more effective. if modification of the current shields fails, then ill support an option like this.

8 hours ago, CJTheGorilla said:

yeah i don't think giving PD invis indestructible shields is a great idea. Again this is a Dark RP server, not a Police RP server, if it were, i'd be arguing in your defense.

it doesn't have to be PoliceRP to give the police shields that are functional and that actually work well in a raid situation. one ways are massively abused in the server and an average raider has no chance. Especially glass shields as SWAT are just useless. Cops are vulnerable when ramming fading doors and can be shot from numerous angles, so the obvious solution is to shoot them from an angle that the shield does not cover. Stop pretending this is about realism. Also, the shields aren't invis lmao. Current shields desperately need a replacement, an indestructible shield that doesn't even allow you to fire back would be far from overpowered given how much leeway you're allowed with current basing rules.

also +1, current shields are dogshit and basically pointless if they don't actually block full damage from the direction you have them in

Archived