sr nicker insulting

floyd

Your in-game name: george floyd

Staff members name: george sr nicker

Staff member SteamID(http://steamidfinder.com/):

Explain what happened: Insulting and calling me a "retard" how is this acceptable form of behaviour ? this does not give the staff a good image or reputation by using this racist and  discriminatory terms

Evidence (screenshots, video, chat log, etc. This is required! Saying "just check server logs" isn't evidence.)

image.png.449294be89b46fde729c7c3fa9c32f8b.png

+Support

-Staff should not be discriminatory like this no matter what a person does

(Sorry i thought you were spamming ban appeals so i thought this was one too)

-Support

-You kept spamming the nword in chat so the hypocrisy is real

-You mrdmed a bunch of people

Overall: -Support the staff member didn't really do much wrong

3 minutes ago, Vexyzs said:

-Support

-not a false ban 

-You spammed the nword in chat over 70 times i think this deserved 

I don't think this is a ban appeal, just him in his dying breath trying to get some sort of retribution.

Not condoning his RDM or the use of "Retard" in a ban reason, just pointing out the obvious.

Just now, George Sr Nicker said:

Retard means to delay or impede the development or progress of... It's an actual medical diagnosis.

thats fucking stupid quit acting like an idiot you know what retard means

Ay my first staff report.

20200921153521_1.thumb.jpg.98bce041b2ed6b9ce2b6cf46319ffefa.jpg20200921153523_1.thumb.jpg.d59ea503cc1b1018326fbd5fd5ea8731.jpg

this report isnt talking about those logs why woud u attach them here

1 minute ago, floyd said:

thats fucking stupid quit acting like an idiot you know what retard means

Its literally the Merriam webster definition of retard, what are you talking about?

1 minute ago, floyd said:

this report isnt talking about those logs why woud u attach them here

To show why I put retard. You tried to be offensive and got offended. Ironic isn't it?

"You're expected to be mature when dealing with players of ExhibitionRP"

I think this is meant to be a "despite their remarks" sort of requirement to apply to be a staff, so it's likely a required aspect of continuing to be staff as well. I don't have the Staff Handbook, so I'm not sure what guidelines it sets forth, but the application says that part pretty explicitly. An apology is likely in order, but more punishment than that (imo) is more than necessary. Non-staff can say whatever they want, but staff should remain stoic and non-emotional in their response to retards and regular people alike; you represent more than just yourself.

+ support, kind of

How so? by banning a mass rdmer and spammer? you're impeding the progress of chat by spamming. it is BY DEFINITION. Retarded

1 minute ago, blac potat said:

Non-staff can say whatever they want, but staff should remain stoic and non-emotional in their response to retards and regular people alike; you represent more than just yourself.

I don't see how using a commonly used word, to describe the situation in which led to his perm ban is seen as emotional or not stoic. Its not an opinion piece. I implore everybody to look up the definition of the word "retard"

2 minutes ago, George Sr Nicker said:

I don't see how using a commonly used word, to describe the situation in which led to his perm ban is seen as emotional or not stoic. Its not an opinion piece. I implore everybody to look up the definition of the word "retard"

Ok:

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/retard?s=t : (forgive the formatting)

verb (used with object)

to make slow; delay the development or progress of (an action, process, etc.); hinder or impede.

verb (used without object)

to be delayed.

noun

a slowing down, diminution, or hindrance, as in a machine.
Slang: Disparaging and Offensive.
  1. a contemptuous term used to refer to a person who is cognitively impaired.
  2. a person who is stupid, obtuse, or ineffective in some way:a hopeless social retard.
AutomotiveMachineryan adjustment made in the setting of the distributor of an internal-combustion engine so that the spark for ignition in each cylinder is generated later in the cycle.

Now, I can't tell you what your intentions were, but in the context of the ban's reasoning it seems to be a noun, therefore either pertaining to a machine or being a "disparaging and offensive" insult. Staff shouldn't insult people, it is an emotional and non-stoic response. We can banter about definitions and which seems like the proper one affiliated to the ban's reasoning all day, but that's not productive. What is productive, though, is an apology that will end the last claim to fame of the 38x RDMer.

1 minute ago, blac potat said:

Ok:

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/retard?s=t : (forgive the formatting)

Now, I can't tell you what your intentions were, but in the context of the ban's reasoning it seems to be a noun, therefore either pertaining to a machine or being a "disparaging and offensive" insult. Staff shouldn't insult people, it is an emotional and non-stoic response. We can banter about definitions and which seems like the proper one affiliated to the ban's reasoning all day, but that's not productive. What is productive, though, is an apology that will end the last claim to fame of the 38x RDMer.

I don't use Dictionary.com I use Merriam websters definition https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/retard And it's a term primarily used in avionics which is where I know it from.

3 minutes ago, blac potat said:

therefore either pertaining to a machine or being a "disparaging and offensive" insult.

It not meant as a insult, merely a telling of how his actions and words were affecting the server, IE impeding the progress of the server. (People can't RP/play cause they're getting rdmed. They can't chat cause he's spamming.)

If he's choosing to see it as an insult then that's his prerogative, but I will not apologize for his failure to know the definition of a word. And his choosing to be offended by it. I don't deal in feelings I deal in facts.

2 minutes ago, George Sr Nicker said:

I don't use Dictionary.com I use Merriam websters definition https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/retard And it's a term primarily used in avionics which is where I know it from.

It not meant as a insult, merely a telling of how his actions and words were affecting the server, IE impeding the progress of the server. (People can't RP/play cause they're getting rdmed. They can't chat cause he's spamming.)

If he's choosing to see it as an insult then that's his prerogative, but I will not apologize for his failure to know the definition of a word. And his choosing to be offended by it. I don't deal in feelings I deal in facts.

Well, I'm currently retarding my own time by defending a 38x RDMer, but it was a good chat. Interpretations will differ regardless of the connotation, all that matters in the end is that the precedence is set - staff can refer to this thread as justification for their use of retard in ban reasons (so long as they did, in fact, hinder the progress of the server or its players).

-Support
Staff shouldn't call people retards, but to be fair the offender said something much worse and it's kind of hypocritical, I feel like if you are specifically trying to ruin peoples day and ruin their fun, you may have deserved any insults going your way. Also, this is nothing major. Just a small incident that was well deserved. The offender can sure give out insults, but sure can't take them.

Overall, -Support
This was well deserved.

Archived